Using Anatomy to Refine + Empower Your Practice + Teaching: A Daylong Workshop
For teachers + teacher trainees
Thursday 14 June 10-5pm (counts towards CPD hours)
Teaching yoga can often be just as challenging as it is rewarding. With busy classes, high turnover and lots of students who are new to yoga coming to class it can be easy for yoga teachers to feel isolated and overwhelmed, often not knowing where to turn to for support with the many questions we have.
This daylong workshop offers a space to ask the questions that you never seem to get the opportunity to ask. We’ll cover a variety of different topics with the aim of deepening your own yoga practice and refining and empowering your teaching so that it is inclusive and informed by the most up to date research on movement.
With a mixture of discussion, lecture, group work and asana practice we will explore many areas:
- Dispelling yoga myths and becoming clear about the meaning behind what we say in class by looking at some of the latest scientific research
- Using anatomical knowledge to refine the language that we use as teachers
- Asana practice to demonstrate how to blend knowledge of anatomy into a class
- Making yoga inclusive by focusing on accurate cueing instead of precise cueing
- Discussing hot topics such as locking joints, squaring the hips in twists, the use of Glutes in backbends
- What limits us in certain asana, what are the stretch reflexes and how to apply a knowledge of fascia to the asana practice
This workshop counts towards CPD requirements for all Yoga Alliance Professionals UK and Yoga Alliance US members.
The day will run on Thursday 14 June from 10.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 5.00pm at Thaxted Yoga Studio. Bring your own lunch, light nibbles & refreshments will be provided.
BOOK ONLINE under our Workshops tab (or Enrollments if using our App)
Self-Investment of £85 for this all day workshop with Doctor Yogi
About Doctor Yogi:
After originally training to become a doctor, Andrew moved away from western medicine to pursue a career as a yoga teacher, massage therapist and anatomy teacher. Andrew has been practising yoga and meditation for over 14 years and teaching strong, grounding, alignment based classes since 2009. Andrew combines all of his skills to teach anatomy and physiology on Yoga Teacher Training courses across London and internationally. He contributes monthly to Om Yoga & Lifestyle Magazine with his anatomy feature 360° Yoga and is featured in the new book Yoga Teaching Handbook: A Practical Guide for Yoga Teachers and Trainees. His teachers include Hamish Henry, Paul Dallaghan, Eileen Gauthier, Kristin Campbell and Anna Ashby. For more information visit www.doctoryogi.co.uk